But if you desire to knife a bachelor’s in organization from the program that to produce the nation’s biggest paychecks—the Haas school of company at the college of California Berkeley—you’ll first have to gain into among the nation’s many exclusive universities, then spend the next two years prospering in difficult pre-requisites and also demonstrating leadership and entrepreneurial passion, then write a persuasive applications essay, and also possibly happen an interview.
You are watching: How to get into haas school of business undergraduate
For those that make it, there’s a big payoff come all that work. Haas students sign up with a small, upstream program. The school has only around 700 undergraduates, i beg your pardon represents much less than 3% that Berkeley’s undergraduate populace of 27,000. And the Haas name shows up to bring weight through employers. PayScale.com reports that on average, Berkeley to produce the highest-earning business majors in the country. The median recent Haas alumnus reports earning more than $70,000 a year—and that’s no counting anyone who went top top to knife an MBA. (Here"s stayinfiji.com"s perform of the nation"s 10 best-value undergraduate company programs.)
Interviews through alumni and also officials the the Haas institution revealed these 5 secrets for obtaining in, most of i beg your pardon would likewise stand girlfriend in an excellent stead with other competitive service programs.
1. Apply as a climbing junior. All Berkeley students can sign up for company courses. Yet Haas just accepts as majors students who have actually completed 2 years of college. Critical year, Haas accepted about 43% that the Berkeley sophomores who applied. The school also accepts part transfers yet gives preference to Californians attending in-state neighborhood colleges.
2. Take the hard prerequisites. Applicants need to complete—and get great grades in—a many of difficult prerequisites, consisting of calculus and statistics, and also demonstrate capability in a foreign language. Haas doesn’t want human being who slack off as soon as they acquire into Berkeley, claims Haas Dean Richard Lyons “You’ve obtained to store working. It doesn’t get any kind of easier.”
3. Take part liberal arts too. “We want civilization who space flexible thinkers. If world have one-track minds, they aren’t as valuable,” Lyons says.
See more: Austin Happy Birthday Austin Images For Austin Instant Download
NEWSLETTER: COLLEGE_PLANNERSign up because that COLLEGE_PLANNER and an ext ViewSample
4. Don"t it is in greedy. Despite the high-earning alums, Lyons says Haas isn’t interested in applicants who show up to be encouraged solely by stayinfiji.com. Instead, he says, the admissions team desires to know if student “have a feeling of stewardship to an concern that is larger than you and your career.”
5. Know your passions. Grades and courses just account for half of the Haas admission decision. The rest is based upon students’ applications essays and also résumés. Jessica Tiao, who graduated from Haas in 2011, says the effective applicants she knew “all had actually high GPAs and were really well rounded, but likewise had a really cool task side business or other they were super passionate about.”